Geosynthetic clay liners (GCL)
Geosynthetic clay liners (GCL) are machine-manufactured hydraulic membranes made from high swelling natrium bentonite and geosynthetics that are secured together in a uniform layer providing shear resistance.
Our preferred bentonite mats
We exclusively use bentonite mats that are needle-punched across their whole surface. We prefer installing mats with self-sealing overlaps.
Bentonite mats have many different applications. By using GCLs, significant savings can often be made in comparison with conventional mineral seals. Needling techniques increase the friction angle. Bentonite mats are not sensitive to settlement and are simple, fast and cheap to install.
- Embankment and dyke construction
- Landfill construction
- Sealing in ground water protection
- Railway construction
- Rainwater retention basins
- Structural waterproofing and many more
- BENTOFIX BFG 5000: bentonite mats needle-punched across their entire surface. Impregnated with bentonite powder across the entire upper surface area for safe and simple sealing.
- BENTOFIX NSP 4900: bentonite mats needle-punched across their entire surface.
These conditions for the installation of the mats help to make work at the construction site easier for both parties.
If you are interested in installing these mats, please read through the following documents. If you then have further questions, we will be more than willing to help and advise you.